5-day mountain bike Adventure in Marrakech
Geared towards experienced mountain bikers, this tour in Marrakech alllows you to discover the natural areas near and aroudn The Ocher City. From its famous palm grove to the high Atlas plateaus, lovers of wide open spaces will appreciate the great variety of landscapes and terrain.
- 5 days
- Available for groups of 4 or more people.
- Level: accessible to all
Day 1: Marrakech
- You will be met at Marrakech Menara airport by our local correspondent for your transfer to our base and guest house, Villa 55, where you’ll be welcomed with authentic mint tea and Moroccan pastries before being shown to your room.
- Information meeting, dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Marrakech Palm Grove – Tasmayoun Farm – 70 km
- The course follows a route which will allow you to discover surrounding villages, farms and orchards and the wadi crossing (stream) It then follow the jubilettes (small mountains) to cross the road to Fes and arrive at the farm of Dar Tasmayoun where your host Florence will welcome you and serve an organic lunch made from locally grown ingredients including bread made from the wheat grown right on the farm. If desired, family or group members that are not riding with you are invited to come and share this meal as well.
- After lunch, you can enjoy the deck chairs around the pool or stroll through the gardens and discover the farm animals rabbits, poultry. You will return to the guest house around 6pm.
- Dinner and night.
Day 3: Kik Plateau – 50 km
- Departure by car to the Asni pass (about 45 minutes). The ride will start with 4 km of difficult climb, while discovering the beautiful valley and join the lake through a playground in a eucalyptus forest. Lunch is served in a restaurant on the banks of Lake Takerkoust. Travelling companions who aren’t riding with you are welcome to come join in mid-day to discover the dam and the lake of Takerkoust and join for lunch(served between 14h and 15h).
- Transfer all together by car to guest house. Dinner and night.
Day 4: Zat Valley – 45 km (or Desert of Agafay – 56 km)
- Option Zat Valley: Departure by car to reach Aït Ourir (about 30 min). The Zat Valley circuit will allow you to discover a beautiful mountain valley with a salt mine which you’ll find exceptional and surprising.
- Option Agafay Desert: The Agafay desert circuit allows true wilderness fanatics to travel the arid lands of this beautiful desert land. Lunch will be in the form of a picnic or in a rural restaurant. You’ll return at the end of the day to your guest house.
- Dinner and night.